Colchagua Wine Day Tour
Come and enjoy the day in Colchagua Valley! Experience and taste award winning wines including Cabernet Sauvignon, Carménère, Syrah, and Malbec. Most of the world’s Carménère comes directly from Colchagua Valley.
Approximately 2-1/2 hours from Santiago, you will enjoy fun-filled and informative wine tours designed to give you a great slice of the best this region has to offer.
8:00AM: Pickup at Hotel in Santiago
10:30AM: Viña Maquis (Tour Premium Lien – Wine Tour and Tasting)
— Viña Maquis has been associated with the production of wine since the XVIII century when it belonged to the Jesuit priests. During the XIX century, Maquis was owned by two Chilean presidents and in 1916, Maquis was bought by the Hurtado family who wished to develop a fine wine business. A sustainable vineyard, focused on producing fine wines, highlighting the varieties of Cabernet Franc and Carménère. Just next to the vineyards is a beautiful large garden which is part of the natural landscape. Designed by the prominent Belgian landscaper Frank Adriaenssens in 2007, the idea of this garden is to protect the grapes from any plague in a completely natural way. Includes a tasting of 4 Gran wines including a Reserve and Ultra Premium Lien.
12:30PM: Viu Manent (ICON Wine Tour and Tasting)
— Viu Manent is a Chilean winery founded in 1935 by the Viu family. The ICON tour and tasting is a great way to start the day in wine country. The tour includes a carriage ride through the vineyard and a tasting of 5 wines including 3 Single Vineyard wines, the El Incidente and Viu 1.
2:30PM: Lunch at the Rayuela Wine and Grill (Viu Manent Winery)
Enjoy lunch overlooking the picturesque vineyards and equestrian field at the Viu Manent Winery.. The menu includes a nice variety of meat, seafood, salads and several side dishes that can be shared.
4:30PM: Ventisquero (Premium Wine Tasting)
— Enjoy 3 varieties of Ventisquero Premium and Super Premium wines (Grey, Ramirana y Vertice) with a sampling of cheese from the overlook of the Apalta Valley.
5:30PM: Depart Santa Cruz
8:00PM: Arrive at Hotel in Santiago
— Transportation in clean and comfortable vehicle with air conditioning
— 1 Icon Wine Tour and Tasting
— 2 Premium Wine Tastings
— Lunch is ONLY included if purchased in advance
— Bottled water
— Optional tips/gratuities for guides & drivers
— Travel Insurance
— Items of personal nature
– A 10% deposit is required to reserve the Colchagua Wine Day Tour with full payment due 2 weeks before the scheduled tour
– If a winery does not have availability, we will replace with a suitable alternative
– Prices shown are effective for tours on or after December 1, 2020
– Prices subject to change without notice
– Due to COVID measures, all reservations are required at least 4 weeks in advance
– Tour packages require a minimum of 2 people
– Contact us for special pricing if you are located in Valparaiso, Vina del Mar or outside of the Santiago Metropolitan Region
– Cancellations occurring 15 days prior to your scheduled pickup date will be eligible for a full refund.
– Cancellations occurring within 14 days prior to your scheduled pickup date will be eligible for a full credit usable anytime.
– All cancellations must be provided in writing.
– Refunds are processed within 15 business days.
Updated November 28, 2020