Colchagua Wine Day Tour
Come and enjoy the day in Colchagua Valley! Experience and taste award winning wines including Cabernet Sauvignon, Carménère, Syrah, and Malbec. Most of the world’s Carménère comes directly from Colchagua Valley.
Approximately 2-1/2 hours from Santiago, you will enjoy fun-filled and informative wine tours designed to give you a great slice of the best this region has to offer.
8:00AM: Pickup at Hotel in Santiago
10:30AM: Maquis (Tour Premium Lien – Wine Tour and Tasting)
— Maquis has been associated with the production of wine since the XVIII century when it belonged to the Jesuit priests. During the XIX century, Maquis was owned by two Chilean presidents and in 1916, Maquis was bought by the Hurtado family who wished to develop a fine wine business. A sustainable vineyard, focused on producing fine wines, highlighting the varieties of Cabernet Franc and Carménère. Just next to the vineyards is a beautiful large garden which is part of the natural landscape. Designed by the prominent Belgian landscaper Frank Adriaenssens in 2007, the idea of this garden is to protect the grapes from any plague in a completely natural way. Includes a tasting of 4 Gran wines including a Reserve and Ultra Premium Lien.
12:30PM: Viu Manent (ICON Wine Tour and Tasting)
— Viu Manent is a Chilean winery founded in 1935 by the Viu family. The ICON tour and tasting is a great way to start the day in wine country. The tour includes a carriage ride through the vineyard and a tasting of 5 wines including 3 Single Vineyard wines, the El Incidente and Viu 1.
2:30PM: Lunch (Not Included)
Restaurant Options (Select one):
Rayuela Wine and Grill (Viu Manent Winery)
— Enjoy lunch overlooking the picturesque vineyards and equestrian field at the Viu Manent Winery.
— The menu includes a nice variety of grilled meats, seafood, salads and side dishes that can be shared.
Fuegos de Apalta (Montes Winery)
— Run by world renowned celebrity chef Francis Mallmann, Fuegos de Apalta is set among the beautiful vineyards at Montes.
— Known for his technique of cooking with fire, the menu is a mix of Argentine and Patagonian flavors.
— Enjoy a sensational seasonal menu of grilled meats & fish along with their fresh farm to table produce.
4:30PM: Neyen (Premium Wine Tasting)
— Neyen, meaning ‘the spirit’ was the first winery founded in the Apalta region. Rich in history, the Cabernet Sauvignon vines were first planted in 1889 followed by the Carmenere vines planted in 1936. These original, own-rooted pre-phylloxera vines from France continue to produce high quality fruit year after year due to the unusual and special terroir of volcanic soils and proximity to the Tinguiririca River.
Neyen creates a beautiful blend of estate grown Cabernet Sauvignon and Carmenere from their centenary vines.
5:30PM: Depart Santa Cruz
8:00PM: Arrive at Hotel in Santiago
– Pick-up/Drop-off at your lodging
– Transportation in a clean and comfortable vehicle with air conditioning
– All tasting fees
– Visit 3 wineries
– Driver / Guide gratuity is not included but is appreciated if you enjoyed your experience
– Items of a personal nature
– All bookings require at least 2 weeks
– To reserve our service, we require a non-refundable deposit of $50.000 CLP which will be applied to the final balance.
– Full payment is due when you are in Chile and before the scheduled tour date.
– We accept Paypal and bank transfers
– Tour packages require a minimum of 2 people
– Cancellations occurring 72 hours prior to your scheduled pickup time will be eligible for a full refund (excluding deposit).
– All cancellations must be provided in writing.
– Refunds are processed within 15 business days.
Updated January, 2022