Santa Cruz Deluxe Wine Day Tour
If you are staying in the Santa Cruz area and would like to enjoy the best wines that the area has to offer then our Deluxe Wine Day Tour is the perfect package for you.
You’ll have an opportunity to visit award winning wineries and enjoy a gourmet lunch at Francis Mallmann’s restaurant, Fuegos de Apalta or the Rayuela Wine & Grill at Viu Manent.
10:00AM: Pickup at Hotel in Santa Cruz
10:30AM: Viña Maquis (ICON Wine Tour and Tasting)
— Viña Maquis has been associated with the production of wine since the XVIII century when it belonged to the Jesuit priests. During the XIX century, Maquis was owned by two Chilean presidents and in 1916, Maquis was bought by the Hurtado family who wished to develop a fine wine business. It is a sustainable vineyard, focused on producing fine wines, highlighting the varieties of Cabernet Franc and Carménère. Just next to the vineyards is a beautiful large garden which is part of the natural landscape. Designed by the prominent Belgian landscaper Frank Adriaenssens in 2007, the idea of this garden is to protect the grapes from any plague in a completely natural way. The tasting includes a Gran Reserva, Ultra Premium and the Viola Icons, Carménère & Franco Cabernet Franc.
12:30PM: Viu Manent (ICON Wine Tour and Tasting)
— Viu Manent is a Chilean winery founded in 1935 by the Viu family. The ICON tour and tasting is a great way to start the day in wine country. The tour includes a carriage ride through the vineyard and a tasting of 5 wines including 3 Single Vineyard wines, the El Incidente and Viu 1.
2:30PM: Lunch (Not Included)
Restaurant Options (Select one):
Rayuela Wine and Grill (Viu Manent Winery)
— Enjoy lunch overlooking the picturesque vineyards and equestrian field at the Viu Manent Winery.
— The menu includes a nice variety of grilled meats, seafood, salads and side dishes that can be shared.
Fuegos de Apalta (Montes Winery)
— Run by world renowned celebrity chef Francis Mallmann, Fuegos de Apalta is set among the beautiful vineyards at Montes.
— Known for his technique of cooking with fire, the menu is a mix of Argentine and Patagonian flavors.
— Enjoy a sensational seasonal menu of grilled meats & fish along with their fresh farm to table produce.
4:30PM: Ventisquero (ICON Wine Tasting)
— End the day with an unforgettable experience at Ventisquero’s Mirador (Overlook) lodge which has some of the best panoramic views of Apalta Valley. The wine tasting includes tasting their finest wines along with a cheese platter.
6:00PM: Return to Hotel in Santa Cruz
– Pick-up/Drop-off at your lodging
– Transportation in a clean and comfortable vehicle with air conditioning
– All tasting fees
– Visit 3 wineries
– Driver / Guide gratuity is not included but is appreciated if you enjoyed your experience
– Items of a personal nature
– All bookings require at least 2 weeks
– To reserve our service, we require a non-refundable deposit of $50.000 CLP which will be applied to the final balance.
– Full payment is due when you are in Chile and before the scheduled tour date.
– We accept Paypal and bank transfers
– Tour packages require a minimum of 2 people
– Contact us for special pricing if you are staying outside of Santa Cruz (including Lolol, Peralillo and San Fernando)
– Cancellations occurring 72 hours prior to your scheduled pickup time will be eligible for a full refund (excluding deposit).
– All cancellations must be provided in writing.
– Refunds are processed within 15 business days.
Updated January, 2022