If you are staying in the Santa Cruz area and would like to enjoy the best wines that the area has to offer then our Deluxe Wine Day Tour is the perfect package for you.
You’ll have an opportunity to visit award winning wineries and enjoy a gourmet lunch at Clos Apalta Lapostolle Residence or at Francis Mallmann’s new restaurant Fuegos de Apalta.
Santa Cruz Deluxe Wine Day Tour Itinerary
10:00AM: Pickup at Hotel in Santa Cruz
10:30AM: Viu Manent (Private ICON Wine Tour and Tasting)
— Viu Manent is a Chilean winery founded in 1935 by the Viu family. The ICON private tour is a great way to start the day in wine country. The tour includes a carriage ride through the vineyard, tour of the wine cellar, and a private tasting of 3 Single Vineyard wines, El Incidente, and Viu 1.
12:30PM: Clos Apalta Winery /Lapostolle) (Wine Tour and Tasting)
— Clos Apalta Winery was founded by Alexandra Marnier Lapostolle and her husband Cyril de Bournet in 1994. In 2008, Wine Spectator awarded their Clos Apalta 2005 Wine of the Year and most recently James Suckling awarded Clos Apalta 2014 100 points. The tour consists of touring their facility to experience how gravity plays an important role to gently create their Clos Apalta wine and concludes with a wine tasting of Clos Apalta.
2:00PM: Lunch Options (Select One)
Lunch at the Clos Apalta Lapostolle Residence
— Enjoy a sensational seasonal gourmet menu with local and fresh food on their outdoor patio overlooking the picturesque Apalta Valley. Each dish in the 4 course menu uses products from their organic vegetable garden. The multi-course affair are paired with Lapostolle Cuvée Alexandre wines.
— OR —
Lunch at Fuegos de Apalta (Montes Winery)
— World renowned chef Francis Mallmann launched Fuegos de Apalta in March 2017. He is one of the best known chefs from South America who specializes in Argentine and Patagonian cuisine. Enjoy a sensational seasonal menu of grilled meats and fish cooked on open flames overlooking Montes vineyard. The lunch includes a starter, entree & dessert, 2 glasses of wine, water and coffee.
4:30PM: Ventisquero (ICON Wine Tasting)
— End the day with an unforgettable experience at Ventisquero’s Mirador (Overlook) lodge which has some of the best panoramic views of Apalta Valley. The wine tasting includes tasting their finest wines along with a cheese platter.
6:00PM: Return to Hotel in Santa Cruz
– Transportation in clean and comfortable vehicle with air conditioning
– 2 Wine Tours and Tastings
– 1 ICON Wine Tasting
– Bottled water
– Optional tips/gratuities for guides & drivers
– Travel Insurance
– Items of personal nature
– Full payment is required to reserve the Santa Cruz Deluxe Wine Tour
– Full payments can also be made in advance.
– Prices shown are effective for wine tours on or after June 28, 2018
– Reservations are required at least 72 hours in advance.
– Tours require a minimum of 2 people
– The Deluxe Wine Day Tours itinerary is based on availability of wine tours and lunch at the wineries.
– This tour package is only for travelers staying in Santa Cruz
– Prices subject to change without notice
– Contact us for special pricing if you are staying outside of Santa Cruz (including Lolol, Peralillo and San Fernando)
– Contact us for special pricing if you are traveling alone or a large group.
– We require 10 days (business) notice prior to your pickup time and we will give you a full refund.
– Refunds are processed within 7-10 business days.
** UPDATED JUNE 2018 ***