Santa Cruz Deluxe Wine Day Tour
If you are staying in the Santa Cruz area and would like to enjoy the best wines that the area has to offer then our Deluxe Wine Day Tour is the perfect package for you.
You’ll have an opportunity to visit award winning wineries and enjoy a gourmet lunch at Clos Apalta Lapostolle Residence or at Francis Mallmann’s new restaurant Fuegos de Apalta.
10:00AM: Pickup at Hotel in Santa Cruz
10:30AM: Viña Maquis (ICON Wine Tour and Tasting)
— Viña Maquis has been associated with the production of wine since the XVIII century when it belonged to the Jesuit priests. During the XIX century, Maquis was owned by two Chilean presidents and in 1916, Maquis was bought by the Hurtado family who wished to develop a fine wine business. It is a sustainable vineyard, focused on producing fine wines, highlighting the varieties of Cabernet Franc and Carménère. Just next to the vineyards is a beautiful large garden which is part of the natural landscape. Designed by the prominent Belgian landscaper Frank Adriaenssens in 2007, the idea of this garden is to protect the grapes from any plague in a completely natural way. The tasting includes a Gran Reserva, Ultra Premium and the Viola Icons, Carménère & Franco Cabernet Franc.
12:30PM: Viu Manent (ICON Wine Tour and Tasting)
— Viu Manent is a Chilean winery founded in 1935 by the Viu family. The ICON tour and tasting is a great way to start the day in wine country. The tour includes a carriage ride through the vineyard and a tasting of 5 wines including 3 Single Vineyard wines, the El Incidente and Viu 1.
2:30PM: Lunch at Fuegos de Apalta (Montes Winery)
— World renowned chef Francis Mallmann launched Fuegos de Apalta in March 2017. He is one of the best known chefs from South America who specializes in Argentine and Patagonian cuisine. Enjoy a sensational seasonal menu of grilled meats and fish cooked on open flames overlooking Montes vineyard. The lunch includes a starter, entree & dessert, 2 glasses of wine, water and coffee.
4:30PM: Ventisquero (ICON Wine Tasting)
— End the day with an unforgettable experience at Ventisquero’s Mirador (Overlook) lodge which has some of the best panoramic views of Apalta Valley. The wine tasting includes tasting their finest wines along with a cheese platter.
6:00PM: Return to Hotel in Santa Cruz
– Transportation in clean and comfortable vehicle with air conditioning
– 2 Icon Wine Tours and Tastings
– 1 Icon Wine Tasting
– Lunch is ONLY included if purchased in advance
– Bottled water
– Optional tips/gratuities for guides & drivers
– Travel Insurance
– Items of personal nature
– A 10% deposit is required to reserve the Santa Cruz Deluxe Wine Day Tour with full payment due 2 weeks before the scheduled tour
– If a winery does not have availability, we will replace with a suitable alternative
– Prices shown are effective for tours on or after December 1, 2020
– Prices subject to change without notice
– Due to COVID measures, all reservations are required at least 4 weeks in advance
– Tour packages require a minimum of 2 people
– This tour package is for travelers staying in the Santa Cruz area
– Contact us for special pricing if you are staying outside of Santa Cruz (including Lolol, Peralillo and San Fernando)
– Contact us for special pricing if you are traveling alone or a large group.
– Cancellations occurring 15 days prior to your scheduled pickup date will be eligible for a full refund.
– Cancellations occurring within 14 days prior to your scheduled pickup date will be eligible for a full credit usable anytime.
– All cancellations must be provided in writing.
– Refunds are processed within 15 business days.
Updated November 18, 2020